Killings

so consistently, we've owned you
history, conquered a greater future
for you and i sailed the rocky waters
survived the emotions in the waves
we rode out in the face of their reluctance
to accept us in the mirage of people
passed like we use to, embracing her small
structure, physical and new as he
to me he's reborn, livid and fallen
succeptible to the same risks
her influence clutches onto me
like the bumps that uncover me
unwillingly exposed, even less,
to die in the hands of a ghost
with which she leaves me
naked and chilly, alone
for my own understanding went
gone, with the desire she may once have inspired
in me, on the surface of my skin
i am worn like bristles on an old broom
with which you've used much too much
as the means for which you swept away
that sense of self, created in our absense
our ignorance in the interruptions caused
in the ax itself we are killing her
in our memory, i really couldn't weep
for this celebration is yet another occasion 
to find yet another reason for my own erasure
deemed magical, the future sounds promising
in that i am rewarded, yet another round
i remember her, blankly staring into the nearly distant
not quite invisible history
i can't quite mourn in his presence, not yet

No comments:

Post a Comment