Ugly, Morbid, Honest

I have faith, or so I use to believe

but lately, it seems I can't get it,
around it, or consumed by another
one's supply of it, unfulfilling, too
an offering of generous provisions 
I share in it, honestly hopeful 
but better I know, the sooner I can
remember it by the truth, as deadly
it is not tangible, in actuality, it is a lack
persisting, though more often than not
gets the better of us, our thoughts, so we feel
someone else must correct, redistribute 
what was and always will be damaged
but, I spent the better part of this winter 
cold, I vividly remember days, trying to 
resurrect the past, with my skull cap on
I was covered, already I'd forgotten that
in good faith, at the very least, I believed 
that, there was love
I watched the pedestrians, all walking
crossing my line of sight were those
I could identify, visibly passing by me
the gays, the straights alike, I sat 
alone, wondering still what I'd done 
or what I could possibly do, in my right
mind you, there but hardly any case 
for  the law cannot protect you
nor deactivate the bombs that explode
beneath your footstep, as you carry on 
the land, taking it all, in the brunt of your weight
all that you carry is a killing, the plot of explosions
that set off, a timer, the bombs, will lead to your death

No comments:

Post a Comment