empty

I reach for another
if only it could fix
this

memory: two days older

If only I could taste
The sweetness that first settled
Sour now
in back of my throat
Are the words I choke back
The emotions catch, rapid fire
Many more breaths to heal this
Countless before control
Consciousness is ridiculed
effort.

Monday I quit, you
encourage me to be strong
Relentless
I chew at my cheeks
over hours of restless sleep
I am considering
Batted eye-lashes
and a curl
The hips sink in deep
Tongue cheeked-
thrust in anger
like little poems
Contemplated slow,
small, deaths
In every little act

Violence

It acts like an intrusion
Sickle celled blood
Trans-
fusion

History
makes the moments meet
All between the memories of yesterdays
And tomorrow, I will bleed
You will take what I give of you
Throw back to me
The honest words anchoring
Beside me
I do not sleep

Peacefully, wishing for the simpler
days
Linger on
Growing shorter
Dreams which recollect a telling
placed strategically in my site-
lines

Where things like words you gave
Replace you in time
Imaginary
Speak easy now that I know
You, in real time,
won't dote on me.

But linger like pins and needles,
in a hot flash
gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment