The Frick of Frack

"Sorry," she says, like I've heard it before I choose not to engage.
This rifts her in mind, into turmoil
She screams, "I AM SORRY!"
My dear, shhhh.
I wish to hold her, in her arms she carries
Stories of long drunken nights and circles of close friends
Too close
So close and so high, we think it will solve everything
Dissolve boundaries of our bodies walls
Binding our lives and burning our fleshes, wrists
Arm out
Scars swallowed in laughter
We take it all back
Come back, she winces
She gets it together
In a story, she recalls
"Remember, the night we didn't need no one."
High hopes and bronze dreams
Blown deep into three keys
Obvious it is to me now
More than those aimless nights
Lesser pain, and violence
Quiet, quiet moments
Heighten the senses
And logic, look what it got us
"I'm sorry," calmly she clutches
At her sternum, she rubs
Her chest concaves
and relief
There's still that, we have this
No reason to apologize, I warn her
Breathe. You will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment