train rides to nowhere, choo choo

Steady. Steady. Steady and clean and it's all but
this thing that you create, you don't dream.
I talk myself out of it while winding all around
the mountain tops are tracks laid before us
this time.
I don't want to go there but once you board
that train don't stop here anymore.
I can control this and I know it
my emotions sputtering and brain farts
everything gets blown way out of proportion
when your mind let's go, get's ahead of what's true
wandering
the busy lanes are full of traffic, signs that point
and lead you
no direction
but the one you're looking in is farther than the truth
I let it go, a gasp
a method I learned earlier on in
this non-existant dance career from the very beginning
my teachers told me to focus
I couldn't steady the pace or regulate the breathing
patterns are but a little wonder and once I got the hang of it
my breaths rotate like in my favor, forward motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment