NOthings

Things like people,
not easy to quit
Cigarettes?
I've got to.
But you,
I wouldn't.
So, I resort

Back to product
The wasteland
of cosmetics.
Red lipstick
Paint my lips, red
like a facade 
I take substance, my place
And drink
Liquor in one hand and
with the other
chain smoke

Now my pallet is stained
Things cloud my vision
I will endure this
til I can't forget,
I've got to.

Sustain, I'm still standing
On my feet, tall are the piles of things
I am in ruins,
in my body
My lungs contract in threes,
short breaths,
and my chest aches.
And I miss you.

Won't you return
I'm not clear-headed,
my mind,
are these things
No, logic
for those that are.
The real, the true,
and deep.
Impassioned-
blind affairs.

I'll clip my cigarette
Like a bloody habit
Babies,
I meant it-
I will, love.
To be good, again,
I'll go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment